Mastbos, Breda, Netherlands.
Photography by Sonja Krzeminski
me: [does absolutely nothing]
*wakes up at 9* nice
*immediately falls asleep, wakes up at noon* less nice
"People who dismiss the unemployed and dependent as ‘parasites’ fail to understand economics and parasitism. A successful parasite is one that is not recognized by its host, one that can make its host work for it without appearing as a burden. Such is a ruling class in a capitalist society."
Medieval smiley face
This is a true feel-good doodle, drawn by a medieval reader and found in the lower margin of a 13th-century page. The surprisingly modern-looking smiley face is wearing glasses and seems to float towards the text in a balloon, quite content. This little scene made my day.
Pic: Conches, Bibliothèque municipale, MS 7 (main text 13th century, doodle 14th or 15th century). More medieval doodles in this Tumblr.
"She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city."
SDCC ‘14: Next Mass Effect Gets New Information at SDCC; Male and Female Armor Shown
New information about the next Mass Effect game has been shared at BioWare’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con. You can check out a quick recap below.
- The next Mass Effect has a “Spiritual Successor” vibe.
- Frostbite 3 allows the animation team to do things they “couldn’t even imagine before.”
- Speaking of customization, the team wants to give players as much choice as possible.
- It’ll be set during Shepard’s life time, but won’t involve him/her. It’s a completely new story.
- Cooperative multiplayer is more important for BioWare than competitive.
- Some of the characters from old games may make an appearance.
- It’s too early to announce composers and races available to the players.
- The mako will return, and it’s very fast.
- The game isn’t titled Mass Effect 4, at least for now.
- No release window was provided during the panel.